Sunday, February 1, 2009

Bookshelf

I made a bookshelf. I built it all by myself and used tools! I am now officially a grownup. Unfortunatley during the process I also hammered my thumb which bleed alot so during my grownup task I had to put two Hello Kitty bandaids on my thumb. I now want to bring all my books form home to put on my bookshelf even though it is totally irrational. Also on the topics of books Liz got me HOOKED on LibraryThing. I love it! It is so user friendly and it's a great way to find books.


Here are pictures of my baby.





Also, on top of my shelf I have this adorable thing that I learned to make from Wendy, a very crafy lady in my ward. It is just an old book and it makes a great, very simple decoration. She also just opened her own Etsy store so go visit!


3 comments:

Sweet Em said...

Incredibly impressed! Sorry about your thumb though. The shelf looks great...you can pass it down to your kids kids!

Susan said...

Hi Alyssa,

I just saw your blog through Emily's. Nice work!

dan and linds said...

That is such a good idea, so cute! I'm going to have to give it a try.